Friday, February 27, 2009

Weeds


Spent a few minutes weeding the flower bed out front yesterday and it got my mind to thinking. A blog is like your yard; don’t pay attention to it, and after a while it dies.

Lately this site has been looking like a lawn with a bank foreclosure sign sprouting from it. All brown and weeds…

The other day, a fellow blogger knocked on my door. “Hey Cieslak, could you post something new here for chrissake! You’re driving down the values of other websites around the cyber-hood.”

That, or squatters could break in and start posting on their own…

Fine.

I’ll open up the garage, roll out my rickety old gas-powered word processor, spark up the thesaurus, and drag out the rusty editing tools. Cut back some of this undergrowth. Water the imagination. See if I can get a few metaphors to take root and bloom.

Problem is, the next day, my back will be killing me.

3 comments:

03/03/1974 - 02/09/2010 said...

Yeah, like you, I just don't feel the muse anymore. I'm tapped out from Facebook.

TimB said...

Facebook has really sapped my blogging energy.

I try to mow the lawn at least once a week.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Everything Must Go: Weeds" to our Directory of Foreclosure . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Foreclosu-re.info Team

http://www.foreclosu-re.info